• KUSMI tea – stylist's treat

by  • Thursday, October 8, 2009 • Food, Stylish shopping • 10 Comments

Yesterday I popped into Mitsukoshi on London’s Regent Street to pick up some pretty origami papers and a tin of my favourite Kusmi tea. The tea is delicious, of course. But the real treat is the tin…

Picture 9This is author and stylist Selina Lake’s kitchen – she’s clearly a Kusmi fan – and no issue of Livingetc magazine is complete without a Kusmi Tea tin prop in at least one photo shoot. The brand was founded in 1867, and today has over 700 followers on Twitter – it’s thriving!

Kusmi_Tea_003web3

kusmi_tea_packaging_design_3With Baroque-style funky-coloured tins, and delicious tea, it’s no wonder the Kusmi Tea collection is considered a style statement all over the world.

kusmitea

Last night I went to the launch party of a new Homesense store in north London. We were taken there on a vintage Routemaster bus, sipping champagne – it was all very decadent! I have to say that I was REALLY impressed. I’ve never been to Homesense before, and I was kind of expecting it to be a bit like TK Maxx, but it was much better. There was loads of really beautiful furniture at tiny prices – I bought a fantastic, retro anglepoise chrome floor lamp for £69.99. I’ve just found the same model online for £225, so I’m pretty chuffed with my bargain buy! I also spotted Missoni blankets and Cath Kidston bedding at low, low prices so I’ll be back! – Ellie

10 Responses to KUSMI tea – stylist's treat

1. Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I NEED some of those tea tins! love them!
      Homesense sounds fab too! x

2. Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 4:26 pm

I NEED some of those tea tins! love them!
      Homesense sounds fab too! x

3. Friday, October 9, 2009 at 10:53 am

I NEED some of those tea tins! love them!
      Homesense sounds fab too! x
      Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

4. Friday, October 9, 2009 at 10:53 am

I NEED some of those tea tins! love them!
      Homesense sounds fab too! x
      Sorry, forgot to add great post! Can’t wait to see your next post!

5. Friday, October 9, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Aren’t the tins just so pretty! I love these teas, we picked up a whole bunch in Paris last May, my favourite is Prince Vladimir the black tea flavoured with citrus, vanilla and spices.

Just right for chilly Autumn evenings.

6. Friday, October 9, 2009 at 6:50 pm

Just right for chilly Autumn evenings.

7. Megan
      Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 3:56 am

Those tins are beautiful. Trying to find some in Australia now.

8. Megan
      Tuesday, October 20, 2009 at 3:56 am

Those tins are beautiful. Trying to find some in Australia now.

9. Megan
      Sunday, July 11, 2010 at 7:57 pm

the tea tins are as beautiful as the tea is delicious. i’ve become completely obsessed since discovering kusmi at a small boutique in the US called Flora and Henri (online as well). i’m especially in love with the petrushka. in fact, i must go make a cup now. :) thanks for all the design inspiration.

10. Megan