• The joy of a beautiful desk space

by  • Friday, August 10, 2012 • Decorating and interiors, News • 8 Comments

After a two week break I’m feeling quite rejuvenated, sunny and actually a little excited to be back at my desk at Ideal Home HQ. On my return our new September issue had just arrived and if you haven’t yet bagged yourself a copy, it is packed full of stylish storage solutions and ideas to help organise your life (it’s in the shops now, hint hint!). One quick flick through and I felt overcome with calm and order. A little something to share are these two home office shoots our stylish stylists did. The first is from our Cash Clever feature on how to create a work area for less than £215…

Chair, £39, Ikea + Picture frames, £65.96, Ikea + 5 magazine files, £45, The Holding Company + Lamp, £60, John Lewis + Two jars, £4, Sabichi = £213.96. Bargain!

You may have also spotted this fab industrial style home office from our ‘Class of 2012′ decorating feature. I love the metal school-style cabinet from The Old Cinema and the lovely Conran desk for Marks & Spencer and there’s a place for everything with wall mounted storage ideas galore! No excuse for a messy desk. - Alice

8 Responses to The joy of a beautiful desk space

1. Tuesday, August 14, 2012 at 7:39 am

We have a locker just like that one! It used to fit so well into our room but now that we’ve changed everything else it just looks strange. Looks nice in that room though ;)

2. Thursday, August 23, 2012 at 9:47 am

I love getting my study organised at this time of year! It’s one of my favourite rooms to decorate as it’s somewhere I can really let my personality shine through.

3. Friday, August 24, 2012 at 8:58 am

Really love the first office space, I want mine to look this this and be as organised! Might be a project for the weekend…

4. Sara
      Saturday, August 25, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Love the colour in the first picture, anyone now what it is?

5. Sophie
      Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 3:20 pm

The colour is Celestial Blue by Little Greene

6. Elina
      Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I really like the desk on the first photo. Where is that from?

• Alice
        Monday, September 17, 2012 at 9:36 am

It’s nice isn’t it!? It’s the Farringdon desk in Oak/White, £299 from John Lewis.

7. Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 7:30 am

Hi Alice
      I love the desk in the second photo, while the rest of my house is in softer colours, my work place is in bold colour, When i am working it makes me feel like i am in a different place.